We are a local Milton Keynes based choir consisting of young singers aged 8 to 18. The choir focuses on part-singing and harmonies and a wide range of music from classical to contemporary, including jazz, folk and pop arrangements, so there is a type of music for everyone! It is a very enjoyable choir and a great opportunity to meet new friends and enjoy singing.
MKYC generally sings in 2 or 3 parts (Soprano 1, Soprano 2 and Altos).
If you are interested in joining the choir then please get in touch with the Chair (contact details below).
The usual process is as follows:
- Come along for a FREE trial rehearsal to see if you think you would enjoy being a member. During the break in this rehearsal, Craig will listen to your voice and make sure that you are placed in the right section of the choir.
- Assuming you enjoy this session come to 3 to 5 more sessions to establish that you are happy to join and that we think you will be able to cope with the music.
- Join the choir! At this point you will need to pay subs (currently £25 per half term – if there are problems with this please discuss with the Chair) and complete the membership paperwork.
The timetable for a typical rehearsal is as follows:
- Be in place and ready to warm up and sing by 6pm.
- Full choir rehearsal until 6:50pm
- Break for drink and biscuit until 7pm
- Full choir run through of what has been rehearsed (parents are invited to come and listen at this point.
- At 7:10pm the younger members leave and the Senior Choir rehearses until 7:25pm.
- We try to be out of the building by 7:30pm as the Community Choir rehearsal starts at 7:45pm.
We meet every Tuesday evening (term-time only) from 6-7:15pm (seniors to 7:25pm) at Stantonbury Campus, Milton Keynes, MK14 6BN.
Registered Charity No.1075236